I usually wake up first day of the new year with goals in hand ready to get started. This year my only goal has been so far to get through one day at a time while my foot heals and wait for normal life to resume again. That doesn’t mean that I don’t have things I want to work on this year though! One more week and then I get the stitches out of my foot and then hopefully I’ll be cleared to walk on it.
A while back the children’s librarian asked me and another homeschool mom who brings her daughter to story time if we would be interested in a kids who code class for homeschoolers. We told her we would be but I hadn’t heard anything about it since. I opened up the newsletter from our homeschool co-op and there is a coding class for homeschoolers at the library now! I quickly signed up E and I’m looking forward to her getting to attend. I don’t know much at all about coding. The librarian said the kids will learn to program a toy mouse and even kids as young as my preschooler can learn to do it. It will be different than anything E has done before and I’m so excited about this free opportunity for her! That’s one thing I’m looking forward to this year.
I have a short list of goals this year. I usually (okay, always) go overboard on goal setting so I’m trying to keep this list short.
2018 Goals for my children
- potty train T.J
- I want E to recognize the letters of the alphabet and know the sounds the letters make before she finishes preschool (I know I can’t control if she’s ready to learn these things or not but I can work to expose her to this information and find fun ways for her to learn)
- Next school year, (this August) I want to join the weekly co-op classes for homeschoolers in our area
- Next school year (if she shows interest) I would like to sign up E for piano lessons
- now that we have wifi I want to introduce E to some preschool prodigy videos on youtube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRkFFdkhm4
- decide on homeschool curriculum for kindergarten in the fall
2018 Goals to improve my health
- I want to print out a food, insulin and blood sugar log and start using it to help gain tighter diabetes control. Last year I aimed for a specific A1C. This year I’m going to focus on building this habit
- This winter while it is cold outside I want to at least twice a week use the elliptical trainer upstairs to get exercise while it is cold outside
2018 Miscellaneous goals and plans
- I want to attend a meeting to learn more about foster care in our area. My goal is just to gain more information on the needs of foster children and their families in our area
- At some point this year I would like to put on another “Grandma’s tea party” for my nieces and daughter like I did before
Mostly I want to go into the New Year remembering with excitement that this could be the year the Lord returns!
Share with me in the comments, did you make any New Year resolutions? How do you plan to meet your goals?