1 Timothy 2 (KJV)
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
I was honestly quite surprised this morning when I saw the news that Trump won the presidency. I have been saying up until the last coupled weeks that I thought for sure Hillary would win. The last couple of weeks I’ve been starting to say in disbelief, “now I don’t know..”
What I do know now though is we as Christians have a responsibility. We must pray for our new president and for all those in government authority. Here’s a short list of specific ways we can be praying for the new President Trump:
- That he will come to the knowledge of THE truth and be saved (1 Tim. 1:4)
- that he will turn from darkness to light and from the power of satan unto God (Acts 26:18)
- That he would be humble (Phil 2:3, Proverbs 11:2, Romans 12:6)
- That he would be wise (James 3:17, Proverbs 3:13-18, Proverbs 12:15)
- That he would avoid strife (Proverbs chapter 6, Proverbs 20:3, Galatians 5: 19-21)
- That he would repent of his sins (1 John 1:9, Luke 13:3, Proverbs 28:13)
- That he would do justice (Micah 6:8, Isaiah 1:17)
- That he would defend/ protect the weak- specifically work to end the abortion holocaust (Proverbs 24:11-12, Matthew 19:18, Exodus 23:7)
This list isn’t exhaustive but it’s a place to start. Will you join me in prayer for our nation this morning? Will you do your part by loving your neighbor and sharing the love of Jesus today?