Day In The Life Of Me- Daddy’s Night Off Edition and Celebrating Fall


Looking back at this post more than a month later, I realize TJ was born 2 days later! My body really was getting ready for labor!


This is the last one I’m going to do of these and I thought it would be fun to record our favorite time of the week- T’s night off!

On this shift T and I have polar opposite schedules. I woke up early to have enough time to get dressed and tidy up the master bedroom and bathroom before T got home. About the time he got home E woke up. We all spent a few minutes together and I got to hear about T’s night before he went to sleep and I started my day with E.

Tonight T is off work so we have some fun stuff planned for this afternoon and evening. Our plans revolve around fall fun so I started off the day by making E a breakfast of pumpkin pie spice french toast and chocolate milk. Mmm.. After she ate I set her up with crayons so I could eat my eggs and toast. E then watched a baby Einstein video while I washed dishes and started some laundry.


It was a beautiful fall morning and I loved the cozy feeling of opening up the windows to let the crisp air in and lighting some fall scented candles.

I e-mailed my endocrinologist my blood sugars from the past week and then headed outside with E to try and burn some energy off her.

Once we came in my back was hurting really bad (carrying a big boy here!). I brought E up to her school room and set out play dough and educational toys and she played while I rested on the couch. She made me lots of make believe food for me to pretend taste! I used this time to do some kick counts. Baby boy was moving around fine! Once the pain in my back calmed down enough to get up I worked on the laundry and we had lunch.

We usually go to music class on Tuesdays but since T is off tonight I stayed home to put E down for an early nap so she would be rested enough for us to go out this afternoon.

I rested some and worked on meal planning and making a grocery list while E and T slept. They both woke up around 2 and we headed out to a farm about 45 minutes from us that has a beautiful apple orchard and pumpkin patch.

Yesterday we had dropped off our car to get professionally cleaned before the baby is born. A splurge but so so nice to have done! We had to go pick it up and pay for it since the place was getting ready to closed so we picked up the car and left the truck there to pick up after our pumpkin patch trip.

We brought E to this same farm last year and it was so neat to compare how much she had grown over the last year. I brought my camera and took lots of pictures. We were late on picking apples as the few remaining on the trees were rotten so we bought some apples they had picked earlier and picked out some pumpkins. I got really hot (it’s still as hot as 85-90 degrees here in the after noons even though its October.) I started having contractions frequent and increasingly intense.


After leaving the farm we went out for dinner at a Mexican place. I wasn’t able to eat much because of the growing intensity of the contractions. On the way home we were timing the contractions and trying to figure out if this was real labor or a false alarm. We got home and did a big face palm when we realized while we were thinking about contractions we had forgotten the truck! I had concluded by this point that this was not real labor but contractions from getting too hot and too tired. We had to go get the truck and I was okay to drive. When you live out in the country it’s not easy going all the way back to town like that! On the way home I had several contractions but they were getting farther apart and not closer together. For now it seems like baby boy is going to hang out for another night at least.

T read E books then I bathed her and got her ready for bed. T got all the rest of the baby stuff down from the attic that we were waiting until the very end of the pregnancy to get down. The bassinet, the swing and the baby tub. Brings back so many baby E memories! He also got down the fall decorations for me. I had thought we would have time to have a little fall party tonight and make some treats and decorate but there are just not enough hours in the day sometimes and E needed to go to bed and I was tired too! I’m looking forward to doing that stuff and maybe some pumpkin decorating with E tomorrow.

T put E to bed for me and I got to enjoy a hot shower! We then watched a Netflix movie that we have been trying for weeks to get a chance to watch! T’s nights off are when our opposite schedules are the hardest. It was difficult for me to stay up until 11:30 after such a long day but we also really needed to spend some time together! We’re in a crazy busy season of life right now and we have to just accept that and realize it’s not forever.

Anyways, I went to sleep and T headed off with my grocery list and did our grocery shopping for me to keep himself awake. I was very happy about that! Grocery shopping 9 months pregnant with a 2 year old has not been easy!

I’m sure they’re mundane for someone else to read but I really enjoyed writing these 3 “day in the life of” posts. They’re going to be fun for me to look back at in the future.





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s